Sunday, January 10, 2010

Glimpses of a Sunday afternoon

Ok sorry. So I missed the last three days and am attempting to make them... this is final of the 3. So, if you care enough, below this post you will find 2 more very long posts (but with pictures!!)
Anyways, here are a few pictures from campus. I probably should have taken more but riding a bike and taking pictures isn't the easiest thing I've ever done. I'll put more up later when I get them.

Sunday:

Allyn and Riane go for a run (in shorts!!!) No pictures (except probably for the images imprinted in many people's brains as they stared at us (white white white legs in tiny shorts come far and few between in India.)

Then we lounge around.

Then we eat lunch.

Then we go for a bike ride with Nathan. We explored some paths despite the Do Not Proceed signs. Here are some pics!

First, a cow eating trash outside the dorm.


I lag behind to snap photos/I'm inept at taking pictures and riding bikes.


This is the post office where people always cut me off.



This is "ShopCom." Here, we drink chai and feed dogs. This is basically the student center - printing shop, get your own clothes made shop, stationary shop, quick shop, atm, get a phone, etc.
Looks a little bit different than at home.

This is a trashcan that has been missed a few times.


This is our favorite path so far.


This is a lake we found. A possible name we have heard: Buffalo Pond. We can know which one is Buffalo Lake and which is Peacock Lake because the buffalo are usually at Peacock Lake. Buffalo were missing from this lake, so it must be Buffalo Lake.


We posed. Like usual, I've got some crazy hair.
Merci beaucoup to Nathan for the pic.

Then we came back. Lounged some more, watched some girls play a practice cricket game. I whooped tush at frisbee and got some compliments from enthralled Indians who had never heard of Frisbee. I think I have my friend Taylor to thank for the ability to throw a frisbee. Taylor, wherever in the world you are, thanks.

Today was a quiet day, with lots of philosophical thinking and talking between the 3 of us: Allyn, Riane and Nathan.
We did a fair bit of dissecting different subjects.

The power went out twice today.
Power outages are not condusive to studying or blogging fb stalking.
either way, we got some good stretching done this evening with nothing to distract us.

I think we are getting into the swing of our new life nicely.

Lovelovelove.