Saturday, May 29, 2010

this is not the sound of settling

Here in Charleston, life goes on.
People come in and out of my life, just like before.
I'm in and out of people's lives, just like before.

Lots of things have been happening.
Things here in the US, things there in India, my second home and second love.

An update:
plane crashes, Maoists attacks, cyclones, bandhs, friends and experiences left behind that are still enjoying one another in India, Noral virus, cruise ships that bring old friends and new friends, 21st birthday with free shots, a new dress, a princess crown and the best people I could possibly have spent my birthday with and whom I love dearly and will miss when I can't be with them, when they move away, moving soon to a brand new super adorable apartment with 2 porches and more windows, becoming the owner of a new kitten, crying at snaps of polio victims, flowers and cards and sunsets and beaches, mimosas in the morning, contra dancing, getting an internship and a job, running, and mostly, loving and being happy with where I am and who I am with, needing nothing more or wanting more than everything I have.

Giving myself over to the universe is the best thing I have ever done.