Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Here and Now

This weekend has been just perfect.
I am living in a house full of fun, happy people that I love.
We are all back now - I'm back, and glad. Justin is back from Officer Cadet School training, and we are glad to have him back. Our subletter Caroline made it safely and happily to us and it all makes for one happy, cozy household that I know I will love coming home to.

We cooked, watched movies, made quite a few mixers, danced, went to dinner, had a cheese and wine tasting, rode our bikes, played with the kittens for endless hours, went for walks and visited the farmer's market.

For the first time in my national college life, I feel truly content and happy with the people I am surrounded by. I am finally with people that enjoy my company and want to spend as much time with me as I do with them, and this has always been a strong thing pull for me - I need time with others. We don't necessarily have to be doing much, but I like being with them.
It's my real home away from home.

I have found my group, my niche.
I have no doubt that these wonderful people I am living with and are solid friends who care about me, just like I care about them. The best part is that these are people I trust, and know I can depend and lean on. Support is such a great gift from those around you.

I am going to be crazy busy making the life I want in the future happen - this includes my independent study, my bachelor's essay, my Malta research, my GRE, my MFA in dance performance/choreography auditions, etc. and working 2 separate jobs. All while thinking about choreography for the 2 big conventions I've been asked to choreograph for, when I'll be joining the Peace Corps, and getting my Ph.D in Anth (when and where!?)
But I'm happy. Of course I'm worried, I'm banking on a little bit of panicking, and I won't have as much time to exercise, but I think I will cherish all of the things I do have and the time I gain through productivity even more than I already do.

Tomorrow is the first day of my last year as an undergraduate.
I'm going to be freakin busy, so I hope it doesn't run away from me too quickly.

Looking back on it all, I'm glad I am at CofC, with the people I am with.
I can't imagine being as happy as I am now.