Friday, November 11, 2011

Thurdays

This morning, on my way to my internship, I watched a Buddhist monk try, failing, to swipe his metro card at Union Square.
The machines are down, and have been for several days.


This afternoon, after both my internship and my dance class, and before going to work (did I mention I got a job!? yay for $$$... even if I am just a hostess with an icky GM), I was sitting on the R train on the way back to Union Square scarfing down my peanut butter and jelly sandwich and grapes that I had packed for my lunch/dinner when a woman jumped on the train, claiming she had multiple sclerosis, and a 12 yr. she was raising alone in a shelter. I listened as I ate, until she said she accepted anything - money, food, or drink. I looked down at my half-empty Tupperware dish and after a minute of debate, held out the other half of my sandwich, and the remaining bunch of grapes.
But she never came my way.

Should I have chased her down?