Saturday, November 12, 2011

Friday

It's late Friday night and I'm sitting all alone in my empty apartment. I've had quite the day, emotionally, mentally. Lots of questions, inner debates.

There is this song that I listen to sometimes... ok, a lot... it's the kind of song that makes me both extremely happy and can bring me to tears at the next second.

I don't know if it is my love of the fiddle, or the way it reminds me of how much I love contra dancing and the swing of being in a wonderful, giving, supportive community that shares many of my ideals and way of thinking and living, or maybe it is because it reminds me in its nuances, the collaboration, and conversation between the different instruments of everyday life of what it means to make it through a day, of the various things that occur, or because it can simultaneously bring everything I can even possibly feel to the surface, happiness and the thought of hearing such good music and being thoroughly impressed and in awe at the musicians' different talents and voices, and sadness at reminding of all the things that I love, but can't always have. 

it's just that kind of song for me.

The first time I heard it I stood in the living room, staring in amazement, full of happiness yet close to tears, just swaying because it somehow reminded me of why I love to move, why I love to wake up everyday - I feel hopeful when I hear this song. Things will be alright.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-31e8Nlujw