Monday, November 14, 2011

Sunday

Despite my deep hatred for my new job and everything that it stands for, as well as an extreme dislike for some of the individuals that I have to work with, there are good aspects of it.

As in - Today I needed a break. Like, a breather from this last week of getting back to NYC and goingogingoingoingoingnewjobinternshipdanceworkworkwork but I was still called in to SWDA, I still took a dance class and I still had to go into work and I got there and was banished to the coatcheck room, which might just be my new heaven, because banishment to the coatcheck room equals hourly pay + tips + reading. I was told that I can't lean on the door, but I can sit and read a book.
So I did.
I got some Allyn time, where I did something I wanted to do, as in sit down and read an awesome book.
Be friendly and give patrons corresponding tickets for their NYC shopping spree crap.
And I got paid for it.
And I had very little interaction with the people I extremely dislike.

So, yea... Despite my deep hatred for my new job and everything that it entails... I'm glad coat check exists...?