Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday

Monday. Today was a decent day.
I completed and sent off a job application.
I did useful things at SWDA.
And work was slow.

Sunday was also a decent day, for which I am glad, because I think the explorative Sunday run after depressing lonely morning pancakes around my new neighborhood made me feel better about my past week-long tunnel vision to the subway to SWDA to work to home late to sleep and up early to do it all again without any personal/academic/mental/physical/workforce/intellectual/friendship gain and merely in the daily grind of making it all work living life just to get by resentfulness and the tiny bit of fresh air, dance class and reading in the banishment closet at work helped me breathe a little bit. A very tiny bit. I can't explain why, yet.

I've been back in NYC for a week and a day now, and tomorrow is my 1st day off. Think of it as my Saturday. Friday will be my Sunday.
Thank God.

I think I will spend the day at the Museum of Natural History. Which I think is a magnificent way to spend a Tueserday. A day spent in an amazing museum, next to Central Park, and I can maybe do a little Christmas shopping too, because all of that superhappyholidayinNYC stuff is popping up everywhere and I think I can probably find something cool on a Tueserday, no?

A nice family from Florida (I mean, they asked me, what are you? Gamecock or Clemson fan?... nostalgia) gave me their 4 unused CityPass booklets, and I now have free access to the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Museum of Natural History, MOMA, and a few other awesome places that I have always wanted to visit, for the next 9 days.

Yay, for Tueserdays.