Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A wise woman told me once, "Wherever you go, there you are."



I'm feeling quiet as I try to stomach this idea, and get my bearings together on my life, figure out some sense of routine, of normalcy, and as I gear up for my first holiday by myself here in NYC. I'm not looking forward to it, but I do believe I'll get through it. I bought potatoes, and smothered in cheese and butter, and paired with some asparagus, they should keep me content for a bit.
I also bought some spaghetti, so that's an option, should I decide that is what I would rather have.

I am fully aware that Sister Schuberts will be eaten in my name at the kids table, and I hope that someone keeps up my stealthy tradition of stealing turkey while nobody is looking. That would just be delightful.

I'm thankful for the time that my family gets to spend together, and I'm thankful that even if we can't all be together, we are in each others hearts and minds, and that we will always have each other, no matter what. I'm thankful, most of all, for the strength that I see in each and every family member, and I'm thankful for the love that we all share, for the love that I constantly feel.

Happy Thanksgiving!